2014 Election and General Meeting
The Zope Foundation board is pleased to announce the regular 2014
general meeting of the foundation will be held on Friday, 28 March
2014, at 15:00 UTC. The meeting will be conducted via IRC at the
Prior to that meeting, the current board will conduct an elections in which foundation members will select seven (7) board members in accordance with the foundation bylaws.
- Nominations open via the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list until Friday, 2013-02-21.
- Voting via e-mail to a closed mailing list, from Wednesday, 2013-02-26 through Friday, 2013-03-14.
- Votes tallied by representatives of the current board, using "Meek and Warrent STV" method using OpenSTV software.
- General meeting and seating of the new board, Friday, 2013-03-28.
Procedure for Elections
The procedure for the elections is as follows:
- Foundation members may nominate any member by responding to the board's announcment on the email@example.com maling list. Nominations will remain open until Friday, 2013-02-21, 23:00 UTC.
- At the close of the nominations period, the board will create a new mailman list, 'zf-elections-2014', and approve all ZF members to post to the list. In order to preserve anonymity of votes, foundation members will not be subscribers to the list; access to the list archives will be restricted to the "tellers" appointed by the board.
- On Wednesday, 2013-02-26, the Secretary will send an e-mail announcing the opening of the voting period. This email will contain the ballot, with careful instructions about how to rank preferences in the reply. The Reply-to header of this e-mail will be set to the 'zf-elections-2014' list.
- ZF members will vote by replying to that e-mail. Voting will remain open until Friday, 2013-03-14, 23:00 UTC.
- At the close of voting, the board will appoint two of its members as "tellers." The tellers will use the list archive to tabulate the members' votes, using the OpenSTV application configured to use the Meek and Warren STV method. The tellers will report the election results, along with the raw tallies, at a special board meeting to be held on Tuesday, 2013-03-26, 15:00 UTC.
- After canvassing the results from the tellers, the board will notify all nominees of the success / failure of their candidacy, thanking them for their willingness to serve. - At the general meeting, the last item on the agenda will the announcement of the election results, including a vote to "seat" the board.