Zope Foundation

Zope Foundation logo

Zope Foundation Minutes of a Meeting of the Board of Directors - May 6 2008

Date and Time: Monday, May 6, 2008, 13:00 UTC Location: IRC meeting, irc://irc.freenode.net/#zope-foundation

Directors Present:

Martijn Faassen, Rob Page, Eric Casteleijn, Jens Vagelpohl, Jodok Batlogg

Quorum Present: Yes

The chairman calls the meeting to order at 13h00m UTC.

The agenda is accepted as follows:

  1. Old minutes update (Eric)
    1. Recovery of dates (Rob)
  2. Treasury update (Rob)
    1. non-profit status, IRS questions?
    2. tax-returns extension
    3. financials Q1 were draft
  3. By-laws status (Martijn)
    1. Points of discussion?
  4. Trademark status (Martijn)
  5. Web site status (Jodok)
    1. Content production update (Jodok)
  6. New server status (Jens)
    1. SVN + mail difficulties on existing zope.org
  7. Freenode IRC registration (Jodok)
  8. Summer of code (Martijn)
    1. Summer of code update on foundation news part of website
  9. Foundation communication
  10. Miscellaneous
  11. Adjournment

1. a. Recovery of dates (Rob)

Rob will look for historical minutes after the meeting.

On a related note, eric will make the minutes page provide an rss feed of all the minutes, so that people and aggregators can subscribe.

2. a. non-profit status, IRS questions?

The IRS wants (a draft of) the document that arranges the copyright transfer from Zope Corporation to the Zope Foundation. Zope Corporation's lawyers are looking at that document.

The treasurer is still working on answering the other IRS questions.

The treasurer received a penalty notice because the filing for non-profit status was late.

2. b. tax-returns extension

There is no extension yet.

2. c. financials Q1 were draft

The secretary will ask the board for approval to publish the draft financial report for the first quarter on the site.

Having the financials audited is considered a waste.

3. By-laws status (Martijn)

The bylaws discussion was started. Rob will work on a version that can be discussed at the next meeting, and send that version to Aroldo for comments, if Aroldo will be so kind as to help with this.

4. Trademark status (Martijn)

ZEA has worked on a proposal.

5. a. Content production update (Jodok)

Martijn has spoken with Martin Aspeli. He agreed a deadline would be a good idea. Martijn and Martin will continue and see if they can come up with a plan with dates.

6. New server status (Jens)

The new machine is up and running. apidoc.zope.org is fully migrated and running off the new server. wiki.zope.org is done pending final database migration and switchover. foundation.zope.org is still to be done.

Eric volunteers to help with Silva specific migration issues, and to take up maintenance of the Silva part of foundation.zope.org after the migration.

6. a. SVN + mail difficulties on existing zope.org

Jens will ask Stephan Richter for an automated way to create new versions of the apidoc dump easily.

Jens is in communication with Simon about wiki.zope.org.

It is considered a good thing if some people besides Jens will have knowledge of how things work on the new server.

Zope Corporation offers to run svn in a High Availability configuration, but would like to offload mailman from their network.

Mailman could initially be set up on the new server, and then as a next step a High Availability set-up and procuring a second server could be explored.

The initial mailman migration could happen somewhere in the coming months.

The new.zope.org migration will need a second machine that will be obtained much like the first one was.

The board unanimously decides that payment arrangements between the Zope Foundation and Jens' company shall be handled by the treasurer without consulting the board, and shall be reported on post facto.

7. Freenode IRC registration (Jodok)

Nothing to report on this topic.

8. Summer of code (Martijn)

The summer of code effort is in progress. Martijn will start to check in with people soon.

9. Foundation communication

Due to time constraints this agenda item is postponed until the next meeting.

10. Miscellaneous

No miscellaneous points are raised.

10. Adjournment

The next ZF BoD meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 2008-06-10 13:00 UTC

The chairman adjourns the meeting at 14h09m UTC.

These minutes were written by the secretary, Eric, according to the notes taken during the meeting.

These minutes were posted to the foundation-board@zope.org mailing list and approved by all directors on 2008-05-21.

The Chairman bid the Secretary keep these minutes on file.