Zope Foundation Board of Directors meeting minutes (2012-08-09)
Date and Time: Thursday, August 9, 2012 20:00 UTC
Location: IRC meeting, irc://irc.freenode.net/#zope-foundation
- Page, Rob
- Rush, Jeff (treasurer)
- Seaver, Tres (chairman)
- Souza-Leite, Aroldo
- Vagelpohl, Jens (secretary)
- Call to Order
- Treasurer's report
- treasurer turnover process
- Membership committee
- new members since last meeting
- Repository committee
- new committers since the last meeting
- Tabled items
- domain name transfer Zope Corporation to Zope Foundation
- migrating the SVN repository to a ZF-controlled host
- New Business
- New/revived nonprofit application status
- Documents to be filed with the Delaware State Corporation Commission
to keep up the ZF incorporation status
- Opening a new bank account or salvaging the old one
- Explore PayPal for international wire transfers
- Purchasing QuickBooks online
- VCS software discussion kickoff on zope-dev
- Zope release manager selection discussion kickoff
- ZF postal address change (away from Gary's)
- Arranging the next meeting date
Call to Order
The chairman calls the meeting to order at order at 20:03 UTC.
Jeff reports that the foundation is now in good standing with the
state of Delaware. He filed the 2010 and 2011 annual franchise
report and a request for restoration of status. The IRS status
still needs to be fixed, their online system threw a cryptic error
when Jeff tried to file the 2011 federal tax return, most likely
due to a difference in official IRS status and claimed status on
the tax return.
The new bank account is in active use. Half of all funds have been
moved from Wells Fargo into the new account. The treasurer will work
with Gary Poster to move the remaining funds and close out the
Wells Fargo account. Auto-billing for some vendors (Rackspace and
Intuit/QuickBooks online) has been set up.
PayPal is still waiting for official IRS non-profit confirmation.
Jeff is still working on the QuickBooks account chart to produce a
set that's workable for us. The default set is too large.
The secretary reports no new members since the last meeting.
Rob Page has not seen any new contributors join.
The tabled business items remain tabled.
The treasurer already covered the first five agenda items in
The foundation's postal address has been changed to the
treasurer's home address.
The VCS discussion has stalled, but will see movement at the end
of August. The secretary will take part in a Zope 4 sprint where
Laurence Rowe, among others, is a participant. He hopes to hash
out some compromise that results in clear steps to go forward.
If there is an outcome from this discussion it will be put to the
board for approval.
The release manager issue is partly coupled to the VCS discussion,
the chairman decides to table it pending movement on the VCS front.
Arranging the next meeting date
The chairman will set up a Doodle for the next meeting date.
The secretary adjourns the meeting at 20:31 UTC.
These minutes were written by the secretary, Jens Vagelpohl,
according to the notes taken during the meeting.
These minutes were posted to the email@example.com mailing
list and approved by all participating directors on August 14, 2012.
The chairman bid the secretary keep these minutes on file.